On December 8, a regular webinar of “Tkuma” Institute and “Orion” Publishing House on the topic "History lessons without discrimination and prejudice" took place.
The speakers of the educational event were:
- Serhiy Gorbachev, Ukrainian educator, first educational ombudsman, member of the Board of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the Board of the State Quality Service of Education of Ukraine, co-author of the book "Internal quality assurance system of education. Alphabet for the Director", journalist, editor, author and trainer of media literacy courses (Kyiv);
- Eugenia Gurtova, expert on anti-discrimination expertise, teacher-organizer, social pedagogue of the Municipal Institution "Nosachiv Gymnasium of Rotmistrov Village Council" (Cherkasy region).
The event was moderated by Dr. Igor Shchupak.
Among the issues considered, in particular:
- Teachers’ legal anti-discrimination tools.
- "It" or "They": how to address women and children in history lessons?
- Talk about the past without ageism, generalize without stereotypes, be attentive to the "other(s)": is it possible?
- "In the beginning was the Word": the language of the 21st century vs the temptation to modernize history.